UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lunatic Poodle Freak!

JACKYSIAN

Sidney has developed a rather annoying and puzzling behavour over the last few weeks.

Previously when I lived at the farm he was never on lead as there was no need (all walks were basically straight from car to beach or round the land). Anyway since being at my mum and dads he has become abit territorial (sp)over their garden! In the mornings I walk them 20 foot up the lane (on lead) and then have a 60 acre field I walk round (off lead then), but the last few mornings as soon as i put the lead on Sidney he starts to scream and leap! He pulls as though there is someone outside the gate he wants to get to....in the process making the other 3 excited too! This morning he walked the whole 20 foot up the lane on his back legs, screaming and pulling like a steam train! The instant we got to the field he bolted off as if to go back into the lane! Luckily his recall is excellent and he came straight back...but it scared me cos if a car had been coming he'd of been hit!

I don't know if he's thinking the lane and field are 'his' to guard..or if he'd seen someone passing earlier and was still thinking they were there? I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and every morning they will be walked through the village so I really want to try and sort this out before then (don't want my new neighbours cursing my wailing poodle!!!! :laugh: )

Any ideas or is he just insane? :wacko:

No idea why hes doing it but if it was me i would nip it in the bud quick. When he screams, gets on his back legs take him back in the house with a cue if you want, when hes quiet try and take him back out repeat until either he shuts up or you are too shattered and need a sit down :laugh:

In summer we had next doors cat take up home in our front garden and every time i even looked at Ashies lead he would turn into a mad lungy, barky, squealy thing - two trips back into the house and he just stood all puffed up and looked very angrily at the cat :rolleyes: