UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Williams Farting

Guest mrkatemcwithbeard

Guest mrkatemcwithbeard

William to put it mildly is suffering from excess wind and it's pretty potent can anyone suggest anything other than a cork to stop it? :blush02:

Ian

Found this ages ago when our greyhound was nearly killing us with her farting :laugh:

Tips that can help diminish the severity of dog flatulence:

Instead of feeding your dog 1 or 2 portions of food per day, divide the daily ration into smaller portions and feed the dog more frequently.

Sometimes dogs eat too quickly because they fear their food will be taken away, so feed your dog in a quiet comfortable area.

Exercise the dog more frequently to stimulate its intestines.

Choose a premium brand of dog food that is highly digestible.

There are products on the market that can can be added to dog food in order to reduce farting but these should only be used after consulting your veterinarian. Activated charcoal is often used in this regard and it does absorb the bad smelling gasses that cause bad flatulence. It must be used with caution and only occasionally however, since it can also rob the dog's body of the nutrients it is getting from its food.

It should be noted that although bad flatulence can be reduced, all dogs (just like all humans) experience daily flatulence and it should never be your intention to get your dog to stop farting altogether.

Although did find she stopped when I didn't give her tripe sticks any more :laugh:

My greyhound Barley's farting was sooo bad it got to the point that we couldn't take him anywhere :( It was like having a sewage works in the house :ohmy: We bought small packs of different brands of kibble and slowly introduced him to different ones until we found one that worked - slow process I know but it worked in the end. Burgess Supa Dog Sensitive turned out to be perfect. He farts much, much less now you don't need to evactuate the house when he does plus his pooh firmed up nicely :biggrin: