UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tate Is Missing - Cat With Flutd

Gundogsgalore

We have three cats - Tate is our big friendly cat who loves everyone and loves the dogs.

We were on holiday this week, with someone coming in twice a day to feed the cats. Tate didn't appear for food on Weds morning, we came home early - on Thursday, to see if we could find him , as this is incredibly out of character for him - he's 7 and has never gone AWOL before.

I've phoned the local vets, the street cleaners - and no RTAs or bodies.

I've flyered about 150 houses locally, put posters up all over the place... been to the post office so the postmen are aware. Phoned the local rescues (he's chipped anyway, and had a collar on). Nothing - no one has seen him anywhere.

I've had an animal communicator do a session for us - and he says he is shut in somewhere, either a shed / playhouse or summer house type wooden structure. He said he can sense him pacing, and he is very anxious

Here's a pic of Tate in case there's anyone reading this that might be able to communicate with him in any shape or form.... or even just to send "Tate get out and come home" thoughts please. We live in Redhill, in Surrey.

Tatenov052.jpg

Tate has FLUTD (Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease) which recurs in times of stress. He cannot live on dried food, and he needs a water supply so that crystals don't reform in his bladder. He will be really ill if he can't get access to water :( He also had an operation on his eye a couple of weeks ago, it was nicely healed up when we went away but still I need to know he's ok.... :(

If anyone is in the Redhill area, I urge you to please keep a look out for tate, it is really important that cats with FLUTD have a constant supply of water, i can't stress this enough and the more people looking for him the better.

Thank you.

Tate is home. He was shut in an empty house down the road from us - idiots had left their flap on "IN" only - so he had got in, and couldn't get out. All the curtains were shut, blinds were down - and I didn't even realise the house wasn't occupied.... their neighbour heard him crying in the night and alerted us... long story but we eventually got to him. He has lost loads of weight but he's fine - we had the vets check him immediately.

Anyone going away or moving - please lock your flap totally !!!!

Yup he'd been in there a week, with no food.... he is 4 kgs now - usually 6.5kgs (he is a very big cat !).... so he's on 4 meals a day - and he is sooo exhausted - he's just sleeping, eating, rushing outside to go to the loo, and then back to sleep. He's lost loads of muscle, his back legs are really scrawny - and his little face is all pointy. I am sooo thrilled to have him back - it was a very traumatic week without him.