UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unknown Kitty Cat

our little godsend

As some of you may have seen on RMF, last night my neighbour knocked on my door because a young lad had hit a cat whilst driving his car. He was absolutely distraught :mecry: I rushed to the scene with a towel and we eventually caught the poor cat who was desperately trying to escape us, but couldn't because he only had his 2 front legs to run with :mecry: I phoned Vanessa (Hope Rescue), who told me what to do :flowers: . The young lad was about to take me to the vet with the cat, but he didn't shut his lights off on his car whilst he was looking for the cat and his battery had died :( Glynne rushed us to the vet, where it was confirmed that the poor pussy cat was in too bad a condition to be helped and it was recommended that he be pts there and then :mecry: I have never witnessed such an accident and the injuries were quite gruesome and the sight will stay with me for some time yet :mecry:

I tried to reassure and comfort the the lad and explained that what we done was for the best and that a lot of lads his age probably would have just driven on and the cat would have died a horrible death in the next few days :mecry: He was so upset :GroupHug:

I am putting a notice up over the shop to see if his owner comes forward (but the vet suspected the cat was probably feral :( and unlikely to have had a home of his own)

In the meantime, I just wanted to say run free and be happy sweet pussycat :wub: I'm sorry we couldn't save you. That's all we could do was to ensure your last moments were as pain free as possible :GroupHug: