UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October. It really is!

Jazz

We had straight to crem for my dad with no funeral, not because we didn't love him but that's what he requested. Still cost a fortune though lol. And so did the 'celebration' we held afterwards. Glad your mum's grave won't be disturbed though.

• Like 1

yes. they said about it 3 teeth ago. ive got a check up in 6 months. if im coping ill ask about it then, but if im not, ill go before. looking at the meals ive portioned up and froze, they are all soft, so wont have to change much. 

• Like 1

The vet told us to feed Candy a soft diet for at least four days before putting her back on her complete..we've got her bog standard Chappie and she's loving it!

Yantan, going back to the subject of the funeral..if the grandchildren (however wrongly) have happy memories of their grandfather then fair enough, have a funeral so they can go and say goodbye.  If they didn't like him or even know him very well, why bother?   My children have very fond memories of my mum, she was an excellent Granny...a mother, well, not so good. I've never disillusioned them, to them she was lovely.

Suzeanna my half sisters sons, there's 4, have pretty good memories of their grandad from when they were little although they grew up to see him in a different light. My brother's 2 have no feelings about him one way or the other and my other brother's daughter barely knew him. Honestly I think they would use a funeral to have a re-union as some now live in other areas. My half sister will just be happy to see her boys and as she likes a drink then it's a good excuse. I think they have decided on a private family funeral at the crem in Carlisle. I won't be going but the rest of my siblings and half siblings will probably go as they are beneficiaries in the will and have hefty sums to come so will feel obliged - plus it will be a chance of a punch  pi$$ up.

My mum's sister only told me things about my father after she overheard an adult me saying what a miserable barsteward he was . She kept silent before that as she didn't want to spoil any chance of a relationship that I might have had with him. Ha, fat chance! My nanna (his mother) told me a lot when I was in my late teens too, the rest I saw for myself.

• Like 1

Marion, I went to my dad's mums service...did a reading as none of the other grandchildren who were so very close to her would! And then got a taxi home as I couldn't bare to be in the same place as my dad's family. I think had I stayed and got a few pints in me I would have let rip after years of holding my tongue. 

Lily's not allowed in the hallway until she's house trained, so I closed the living room door while I was cooking tea. Next thing I know she's climbing through the hole in the back door where the cat flap used to be before Taffy pulled it off with his big head 🤣

Ahh the joy of puppies Alex :laughingsmiley: It might be good for me to hear more of the little darling's escapades to stop us thinking "uummm, maybe a puppy would be nice again" - I don't know why as we said after Archie "no puppies ever, ever, ever again". Oh he was a little sod! :wub: