UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

That second pic is lovely Jules, very atmospheric flowers.gif

Have had a luffly walk with our doggie friends. Took my camera so will bore you with pics of them all later.

Duck crown and goose fat roasties are in the oven. About an hour to go yet, but am starvin' cos I haven't eaten since brekkie.

I am drinking a huge glass of Bucks Fizz and am gonna be a devil and finish the bottle tongue.gif

Happy new year eveyone, only a few fireworks which set

Tessie off, then it was quiet, let my lot out for a last wee

before bed at about 1 ish only to see some of those chinese fire

lanterns being lit and heading skywards from one of the gardens

behind my house.

Had a lie in, got up, clipped the leads on and opened the door

to a very light but lovely snow shower, which is still on the ground.

All 3 of us went up the mountain this afternoon. Opened the car door and a GSP ran up and jumped in, very agitated. She was one of the gang from this morning, had been spooked during afternoon walk and got lost, and had the sense to ask me to help find her mum. Took us a while to do that as mum was rushing round looking for her, but eventually we had a happy reunion. Someone needs a mobile number on her collar tag!

From the mountain top we could see snow in Pembs and north of Carmarthen, and a huge amount on the Black Mountains.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it is a goodun for you all.

Work early this morning. mad.gif Had snow overnight and the roads were lethal. When I got home my youngest daughter wub.gif took me out for lunch.biggrin.gif More work tonight. (They say that we could have more snow and a sharp frost. mecry.gif )

Take care and wrap up warm thoughts to all those with nasty weather. It's just been cold here so I'm sporting the michelin man layered look and Dex has rediscovered the bed by the kitchen radiator :laugh:

In an all or nothing bid to shift the gloop in my head and chest I've got the mother of hot and spicey chick pea and spinach curry cooking at the moment, if that doesn't work the only alternative is semtex :unsure:

poop - just realised Dr Who is half way through, I'll have to wait for the iplayer :angry:

Sounds like a first-rate curry, tiks. I have defrosted some kind of root vegetable stew which I made, froze and forgot about. It's kind of medieval peasant nosh but not bad with plenty of black pepper.

It's stopped snowing but there is about 2 inches of the stuff and of course it promptly froze on the roads. We are snug as bugs here, all in/on my bed, about to watch Dead Man's Chest on iPlayer.

Well I just cried my way solidly through the last part of Dr Who :mecry:

I'm sure Doctors regenerating never used to be that emotional :rolleyes:

It's snowed a bit here too and Humphrey did an Eddie the Eagle Edwards impression jumping from the fence on to the top of the wheelie bin.He looked most :blush: while I tried my hardest not to giggle at him.I failed :laugh: