UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Naturists Are They Right Or Are They Wrong

yena

:laugh: Looks like I'm in the minority so far with my response - it's not my bag at all :huh:

I just don't 'get' the freedom from clothes, at one with nature thing at all. I don't see any of it as a sexual issue btw, I just like to keep my bits'n'bobs for me and mine :wink:

I'd also die on the spot if ever I was to bump into anyone I knew :ohmy: :laugh:

I have to agree. I'm happy with my body, I'm a size 10 and in good shape but I prefer to leave some things to the imagination. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I don't think it's very attractive to walk around with all your bits on show for the whole world to see. Each to their own and all and if it's your thing then that's fine but I just don't like the idea of it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also die on the spot if ever I was to bump into anyone I knew :ohmy: :laugh:

I feel the same about going to the local swimming pool (after all a swimming cossie doesn't hide that much) :laugh: I can get undressed in a communal changing room full of strangers but not in front of someone I know :wacko:

I have to agree. I'm happy with my body, I'm a size 10 and in good shape but I prefer to leave some things to the imagination. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I don't think it's very attractive to walk around with all your bits on show for the whole world to see. Each to their own and all and if it's your thing then that's fine but I just don't like the idea of it.

I'm not a naturist and have no ambition to be one - but I think they'd say that being "a size 10 and in good shape" has nothing to do with it. Your bits aren't meant to be "on show"; you're supposed to be free of all that competitive body-image stuff.

I honestly don't think that naturists go to ogle other people's bodies - the whole point is acceptance of who they are, and in that respect, they might have something to teach the rest of us.

A final question (for me, as much as anyone) - why is it ok for our children to play on a beach where women go around topless, though bronzed and toned - but not ok for them to see flabby, "normal" naked bodies?

I honestly don't think that naturists go to ogle other people's bodies - the whole point is acceptance of who they are, and in that respect, they might have something to teach the rest of us.

I couldn't have put it better myself :flowers:

A final question (for me, as much as anyone) - why is it ok for our children to play on a beach where women go around topless, though bronzed and toned - but not ok for them to see flabby, "normal" naked bodies?

I think if were allowed our children to see the truth about bodies and that not everybody is slim and perfect, it would make them happy within themselves. It would stop some teenages going on stupid diets, making themselves ill.

I'm not a naturist and have no ambition to be one - but I think they'd say that being "a size 10 and in good shape" has nothing to do with it. Your bits aren't meant to be "on show"; you're supposed to be free of all that competitive body-image stuff.

I think you are absolutely right. When I have been to naturist beaches I have found people are far more accepting and I feel more comfortable from the point of view that no-one is ogling or looking to criticise you. Having said that though I think most people look better clothed, definitely including myself in this, and you do have to feel happy in your own body to do this. I had a friend who was 16 stone and a naturist, she didn't have a problem with her body, and neither did anyone else, that is fine.

OH said that on one naturist holiday he went to in France, there was a restaurant where the chairs were slatted, everyone knew from the pattern on your derriere whre you had been for lunch!!

But they ARE on show, whether that's your 'intention' or not and that's just what I don't like the idea of. I don't think it has anything to do with ogling or anything like that because as I said, all that flesh on display is not particularly attractive. Like I said, if it's your thing then fine, I don't have a problem with it but I just don't get it myself. I can accept who I am without having to walk around with my bits uncovered!

Edited by cockergirl

My Dad who up till he died last year at 85 used to go away for weeks at a time in his camper van. He found his ideal camp site in Wales, which was in an old quarry with a lagoon to walk around. He loved it because it was sheltered and flat but it was also a naturist site. When asked about it his attitude was 'when in Rome', I am not sure if my Mum had been alive she would have been quite so comfortable with it.

I thought it was brilliant that my elderly father was so open minded but I never felt very comfortable talking to him about it and I did turn down the offer to join him for a weekend.

I'd love to go to a naturist resort but didnt realise they had them in this country :unsure: I have been to beaches where nudists frequent

abroad and with exception of being with my brother and parents I would have joined in. I always go topless even with my family there as said previously I dont think of it as a sexual thing. Just the same as I never bothered about breast feeding my child in front of people. So where do I find these resorts in the UK? Is there a club or forum that we can join? Suppose you would have to pick a week when the weather was nice over here! :laugh:

OH normally looks for the naturists beach but, here are a couple Studland Beach, Dorset, Hockham Hall Beach, Norfolk, there is also a naturists caravan site near Harrogate, but unfortunately you can't take dogs :( and yes the weather does have to really really hot before I'll take my clothes off. OH is quite happy nakkkkkked even if the winds blowing :ohmy:

I'm now imagining a load of Fugees arranging a naturist holiday :ohmy: :laugh:

I've never been to anything like that but have no problem with people doing it. I'm very self conscious and not sure I'd be comfortable doing it myself but I certainly wouldn't have an issue with others baring all. :)

i am anything but an oil painting!...but i found it much less of a worry being totally nude then in a swim suit-then i was very conscious of my wobbly bits, enomous jugs fighting the lycra.....but when everyone is starkers....and none of us were young & fit...but we were all happy , healthy and content in our own skins-even if they were several sizes too large :biggrin:

fee

I'm not sure I fancy going nude with other people about. But do I like to be nude on my own.

I don't object to other people being nude, though I'm not sure that if I encountered someone unexpectedly starkers, I could resist the instinct to stare, if only momentarily. I'm just nosy....