UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Horrific Zoo - Sky News

Rachelpirate

I'll be boycotting all things Chinese that I know of but we're not completely blameless - the fur trade in China is fuelled by demand from the US, Europe and Russia :(

The photo of the pollution could have been taken in this country not too long ago & our animal and human rights in the not too distant past hasn't been that great - we've learned and improved so hopefully the Chinese will as well (trying to be optimistic).

Pressure needs to be put on the Chinese government to improve their human rights and implement animal rights( wild animals have a degree of protection but only in the wild, not when they're in captivity :wacko: so fur trade animals and zoo animals don't stand much of a chance and torture of animals in captivity isn't seen as a crime :( ) How best to do so I don't know.

The recent reopening of the Rover plant has been done by the Chinese who now own it - obviously with our government's approval...

ETA There's some info here on boycotting Chinese goods and a link to a list of the Olympic sponsors to boycott if you're interested.

Edited by mooandboo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic