UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Horrific Zoo - Sky News

Rachelpirate

Has anybody seen the video "Horrific Zoo" on Sky News Active? Basically it's a report on the cruel conditions in Chinas zoos, especially one where tourists are given a live show of tigers eating a omestic cow alive, and can feed live chickens to them. I for one can't understand the way they treat animals in China, not just in the zoos, I'm sure everyone knows about the cat and dog fur trade too. This video might be upsetting for some people.

Horrific Zoo

Edited by Rachelpirate

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: Sick!

I can't understand the mentality of people.......particularly those who take their kids to watch the 'family spectacle'?

The animals contained in their cages, and those performing tricks....TBH it's no different to the way animals in Zoos were treated here, and not so long ago!

I can well remember as a kid (OK....it may have been quite a while ago), being taken to London Zoo, and watching Guy the Gorilla, and Elephants, Polar Bears, and the like, acting in a similarly disturbing way :(

Hopefully, China will soon do something about their forms of 'family' entertainment (but I don't think I'll be holding my breath)?

Why is it that the mentality of the chinese who were watching is so different from ours? We (or i did) gasp as something like that happens and yet they smile, laugh and clap hands...

I don't know...brain washing :unsure:

I guess I struggle to understand the desire to go hunting, but can almost understand why people do it...but this is just odd. Makes me wonder on the education or general knowledge they have about the world as whole.

x

I can't bring myself to watch the stuff moonboobs posted.

I would just say that I wouldn't recommend watching the video (from the second link), unless you are feeling pretty strong.

I did earlier, and although I don't usually avoid that sort of thing, some of the footage is going to stay in my mind for a very long time. It really is very graphic. :(

Why is it that the mentality of the chinese who were watching is so different from ours? We (or i did) gasp as something like that happens and yet they smile, laugh and clap hands...

That's what I'd like to know too.

I would just say that I wouldn't recommend watching the video (from the second link), unless you are feeling pretty strong.

I did earlier, and although I don't usually avoid that sort of thing, some of the footage is going to stay in my mind for a very long time. It really is very graphic. :(

It will haunt me forever :( but the West is just as culpable. As for the video of the zoo, it's not just the Chinese mentality which is so different, sadly there are many in this country who would have the same reaction.