UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Car Help...?

La_Femme_Pires

I am test driving a Subaru Legacy GLX tomorrow. I need a bigger car to fit the doglets in and to start went to look at a Frontera sport but it only had the same boot space as my current car...

Does anyone have experience of these? Going from a 1.3 Fiesta to one of these I think I might need help... :laugh:

I've had one as a courtesy car: my current car is an Impreza.

Subarus aren't particularly full of frills inside, but are usually fairly fast, easy to drive, safe (in the sense of good road holding as well as impact protection) and reliable. They tend to look a bit plasticy but usually have nice comfy seats.

The parts are relatively expensive and can be a bit of a pain to get hold of, and compared with your Fiesta it will probably be quite thirsty and the cost of tyres may come as a bit of a shock.

They have 4 wheel drive, but look and drive more like an estate car than a 4x4, but you do have that extra grip for very mucky roads in the wet which is sometimes handy round here.

By my standards the Legacy has nice big boot, but it's probably not as big as some of the whoppers out there.

Thanks Cycas.

I wanted something with 4wheel drive or All wheel drive as I will be going offroad sometimes although not up and down deep gullys or anything.

I don't want anything fancy, just something that is safe and fits my dogs in. I don't really care for frills on a car as long as it drives and I can sing along to the radio in relative comfort and safety! :biggrin:

Edited to add, my sister and my mum both had Justy's and drove them to death and loved them! :)

Edited by La_Femme_Pires