UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Some Quick Advice Would Really Be Appreciated

our little godsend

Can anyone tell me what I should do :unsure: Stitch has the runs :rolleyes: . I really think it's my fault and may be to do with the chew bone I gave him last night :rolleyes: Generally on the whole he goes to the toilet ok, and the chew bone I gave him he hasn't before :unsure: Sounds like it could be to do with the bone wouldn't you say?

Anyway, as the title says, we have just found some blood in his poo :ohmy: What do I do? It isn't much, but neverless it is blood :(

Help? :unsure: :unsure:

Is it fresh blood? It's probably just a sharper bit of the bone that's nicked a tiny blood vessel in his bum.Fresh blood means it's from very near the end of the bowel and usually nothing to worry about (unless it's lots of course.) My bet is he's passed a bit of the bone and it's made a small cut in his back passage.Keep an eye on him and see how he goes.If in doubt ring your vet but hopefully it should clear up soon.

Thanks both :flowers: It is fresh blood. It seems to be at the end of of his diarrheoa as opposed to in it (if you know what I mean :huh: )

Bl00dy spoiled dogs :rolleyes: Everynight when i come home from work I bring a treat/chew home for them, but last night the shop only had these big white chew bones left, so I bought them instead :rolleyes:

Any suggestions as to whether i should starve him for today? Should I feed him as normal or give him something else?

Edited by our little godsend

a bland diet might be best to settle his tummy . chicken and rice is what i give to mine if they have tummy troubles but usually i have found that if its actually a reaction to something they ate as a one off as soon as that meal has passed thru they dont have the runs anymore if that makes sense. most important to make sure he has water tho because they can dehydrate if they have diorreah for a long time.

Stitch, poor you and also naughty you for giving your Mum a fright. I hope you feel better soon and can cope with no food OK for the next 24 hours (I'd be hell to live with if I had to abstain from food :rolleyes: ).

Lots of :GroupHug: 's to you and your Mum

Could be a touch of colitis, our penny has had it a coupple of times, can be kicked off by stress or new foods,

normal vet addvice is a bland diet untill its cleared up, its probbley the bone that's started it if he's never had them before.