UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Running Alongside Dual Carriageway!

Muriel

Crossposting from Weimforum.....

"This has been reported to West Mercia Police, but in case anybody here knows anything.

A Weimaraner was seen running along the A435 dual carriageway heading from Redditch to Junction 3 M42 this morning at about 0730hrs.

It is not know what sex it was and the only description is that it was wearing a collar (colour unknown).

West Mercia were getting their dog unit to have a look in the area. The dog appeared to be in good health, and was running along side of the main carriageway.

Obviously it was reported for its own safety and that of motorists on the road.

I've checked doglost.co.uk and nothing on there reported.

West Mercia Police can be called on 08457 444 888. "

from http://www.weimaraner.tv/viewtopic.php?p=166163#166163

Will report it to Doglost and get some eyes out. If it's any consolation, West Mercia traffic police are the ones who snatched a greyhound off the central reservation with a loop grabber just before she got to the toll road a couple of weeks ago, so have a good record and will do their best I hope.

OK we have decided to put this one up on Doglost as as a lost dog and will forward any info that comes in to West Mercia police. We don't yet have a category for dogs running loose in dangerous situations.

redditchlady, have PMd you.

Muriel, it's normally only the owners or people posting on their behalf who can have a dog posted as we have to screen out wind-ups and jokers, but if the police or dog wardens have a call put out for a dog on the loose we will always get that up on site. Basically we will always post a dog when we know that the person is asking in good faith, so give the office a call if ever you think we can help. :flowers: We don't have hard and fast rules but use our common sense.

There is a certain forum where you may only post details of a missing dog if you are the owner or their representative - but it isn't Doglost :biggrin:

Thanks for that clarification, Owl :) it's good to know the position.

Owl, I see he's listed as a 'he' on doglost, the original that I saw on weimforum and copied and pasted didn't know what the sex was....

I guess I'll be in bother on 'another forum' then, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

redditchlady, well done you, and thank you on behalf of the dog, whoever he or she is.

Our mistake about the sex of dog Muriel, sorry. Should have been unknown.

Hope you won't be in bother elsewhere - I doubt if anyone could take offence at crossposting a request from the police.

Huge thanks Kazz, you did all you could and it does seem that maybe the weim got home under his/her own steam. Will text you if the wanderer reappears. :flowers:

No worries, Owl. As it turned out, no confusion over sex as no dog.

Not bothered about bother :wink: but agree with you.

Kazz, well done to you! No-one could have done more. Hopefully he/she is safely home now resting.