UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Uka Progression

Paula

I have just checked with UKA and had a nice email from Laura, the rules now state that it's the dog that progresses. So you can have on in Beginners, one in Novice and another one in Champ classes.

I think this is brillient as Dudley is nearly Novice but Suzi hasn't even started yet (although once she gets going she'll be the one winning Dudley out at KC, just gotta crack the weaves)

Oh that is fantastic! THis is something that has really worried me, as meg being a collie, has the talent to win out eventually (although it doesn't seem like it at the moment, but im told if we start going clear in beginners we are fast enough to get placed, I'll believe it when i see it!) but my spaniel and retriever are never liekly to progress beyound beginners, i only enter them for something to do on the day so they don't get bored.

I have just checked with UKA and had a nice email from Laura, the rules now state that it's the dog that progresses.

That's good.

I've only done one UKA show, and am highly unlikely to do any more because there are more than enough KC shows that I want to go to and no UKAs around here anyway.

I took our two problem beginner dogs for some ring practice, but they had to go in Novice because that's their equivalent KC level.

Most of the other unaffilated shows seem to go on dog progression only.

Pam

One thing to remember is that even if you have a beginner dog, once you have entered a Novice class you can't go back.

A friend of mine decided to have a go in Novice (once) and had previously just done casual, so now she can't do beginners. Its a shame, but I suppose if you bend the rules for one, then what will others say!!!!

I'm lucky that I stuck to Nursery and now Casual, so I can do beginners with my youngster.