UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

China Being A Pain, Reg Being Sensible

buddyboy

China will charge around and play happily with any dog offlead but onlead she can be a real pain - bouncing, snorting, yapping etc. For this reason when we have onlead walks I have the big boys on a coupler on my right hand, the Littles on a coupler on my left and China on a lead on her own on my left. She has mortal enemies where as we approach the house Bo pulls and pulls to get past (so much for staffie Xs wanting to fight everything!) and she bounces and has to be dragged past.

Today Tess the JR was loose in her garden so ran out to chase us down the road (which is the reason she is one of the mortal enemies). China of course was bouncing facing backwards and hurling death threats back at Tess until I grabbed her collar to force her forwards. During all of this of course the Littles were getting jumped on, add to that the fact Reg is still worried by other dogs so one exchanging threats with his sister is even scarier - and the combination of his trying to get away from Tess and China bouncing on him meant he got out of his harness! Luckily it was a case of getting out of it and running to in front of me and the others (who were pretending they were not with China) where he felt safe and standing still (which is when I realised he was out of the harness) ...... even with a couple of cars coming down the road. Well done Reg - that is massive progress and you took the right option moving out of the way but then standing still as soon as you felt safe.

She does come out and grab her but luckily it is rare that she is out (and we sometimes go to the beach, other times road walks so we "collide" rarely) ............ theirs are the chickens who take free range to a new dimension so people would knock on my door to ask if one of mine had got out and wandered down the road..... ( :blush: It was only Scarey Mary who got out once, and that was to go and raid the neighbour's kitchen while I was having a telephone interview for a job!!! "Do you want to go and answer the door bell?" "no, it's ok" then neighbour walked past window so I opened it to mime that I was on the phone - only to see him turn round with her in his arms!)

hmm - was talking to a neighbour the other day and mentioned it, she knows Tess as well..... we also said about China's other mortal enemy the collie near the garage - who when he is out is behind the gate and wall, and in fact there is a new barrier so he cannot now even get to the gate..... with them it is only ever death threats at loud pitch. Neighbour knows him and "ooh I do worry in case he gets out and attacks my dogs" ........ ummmm excuse me but it is YOUR dogs who attack others, one of them has attacked Jed (as in Jed's throat has been soaking wet) 3 times!!!! But of course he is her baby, therefore it would be any other dog at fault.