UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Interview

Tisaann

After 2 on-line assesments I received an e-mail this evening to say that I had got through to the first and final interview. The job is in customer service for the local council ( a job which I have been doing for the last 10 years for a different company) However, the e-mail said that I would have to role play but be myself. I am quite happy to do this but need advise about over coming one bad thing that I know I am guilty of and this is that when I know I have to consentrate on what I am being told, I concentrate so hard that my mind seems to wander ahead and I don't take in everything that is being said. Does anyone do this and how do I get around it? and does anyone sit on interview panels that can give me any pointers please.

Over to my favourite people.......xxxxxx

Is there any way you can take a notepad into the interview?

However I imagine if they are giving you scenarios to work on, they may give you a handout with the information on anyway.

Do you have anything about hobbies on your CV? When I had my interview for my current job, we spent most of the time talking about dogs, and very little time talking about what the job entailed to begin with. This meant that when it came to talking about my abilities at my job, I was relaxed and had built up a good relationship with my interviewer.

Good luck with it, am sure you'll be fine - as you say, you have been doing the job for 10 years, so the scenarios should be second nature for you :flowers:

If you're role play is within a group of people rather than on your own be careful when discussing that you don't come up with ideas for others to sneakily use. Make sure you do plenty of the talking so that you stand out but don't come across as bossy and walking all over the others to do it. My mind has a terrible habit of going blank just when I need to listen. Nerves can make you do that. Very best of luck :flowers: