UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Presciption Diets

gooster

I would have picked lamb as the best bet.

I was just thinking about the sensitive foods from when Rosie was a puppy (these was 10 years ago so things have obviously changed!), all of which upset her stomach until we changed to a lamb/rice food. It took us years to realise that chicken was the culprit.

We have known that Ted has an allergy to chicken for a while, just trying to work out what else he reacts to. Seems to be any kind of commercial food. Fingers crossed the royal canin works for him, as it's not nice for him to be suffering like this.

Update on Ted. He has been on the Royal Canin for nearly a week now. We have had no upset tummies and he seems to like the food. My main concern now is the amount he has to eat of the stuff seems to make his tummy bloated :unsure: He was also lacking his usual sparkle and enthusiasm at flyball yesterday. One thing someone suggested was that it may be after his chocolate poisoning, that the amount of charcoal we had to feed him to save him, may have stopped his body being able to absorb nutrients. Has anyone heard of this before?

Took Ted to the vet yesterday, and for once he reacted when the vet tried to touch his tummy. He screamed and turned around to try and bite her. As awful as this sounds, am really glad that happened, as it means a vet has seen that there is something wrong with him. Anyway, she said that his tummy is really gurgly, which is probably why he has been off colour. He's now on Buscopan for the next few days to see if that helps. Fingers crossed he's feeling better!!