UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Finn Went To The Vet Today

purple_mog

Finn had a major overhaul with our wonderful vet in Leeds today - an hour and a half later he's been very thoroughly examined and assessed, agreed that the two lumps are just little fatty growths, seems to have muscle pain and spasming in lower thoracic/lumbar area BUT the old right leg neurological problem is still staying away! Could be spinal degeneration as suspected but not worth doing a new set of diagnostics at the moment.

So continuing with his supplements, weekly sessions of acupuncture plus moxa, dry needling for trigger points and some electro-acu stimulation plus a back-up remedy and we will go from there :)

He loved his session as always and has been a MUCH happier boy since we came home, bumbled around in the garden with me for a couple of hours in his swanky green equafleece tank top including digging huge holes under the hedge <rolls eyes> and hopefully we can get the pain under control and have our bouncy boy back for a bit longer!

Its odd in some ways because this is actually our first properly physical problem - everything else has always been clearly linked to nerves/anxiety or phobias, this time he seems to be just getting old, in pain and kind of irritable as a result. Sounds strange, but its so much easier to deal with!

Bless Finn! Age catches up with us all at some point and as long as its managed we can still be cheeky and get into troube! :wub: How old is he now? He is one of my first favourite internet dogs and still is. Please give him a kiss on the nose for me. :biggrin: