UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cat At The Dogs Trust

Karen

Isn't it fascinating the difference in the cat's reaction to the OTT dogs to the reaction to the interested but polite dogs?

It sounds like Rosie would spend her whole life looking the other way and gulping nervously if she had to live with Perl!

Fascinating - he should get a fee for every dog he tests! I have 4 cats, the eldest of which is 13 and I find they are excellent dog friendly testers - although I don't use the same method as the Dogs Trust. Over many years and many foster dogs they indicate by their behaviour which dogs should be avoided (they retreat to high points or behind the stairgate, even if the dog is seemingly calm and friendly), which are a' maybe,' when they stay around but keep a weather eye until they can relax, and the definite 'OKs', when they just keep to their normal routine.

I currently have 15 yr. old Shandy, an oldies foster, and they are all totally comfortable with the old fellow to the extent of my greediest cat lining up with him and my other dogs at treat time - they haven't been wrong yet!