UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Home Cooked Diet

griff

Have you looked to see if landywoods deliver in your area? My old housemate used to feed hers raw and she used them. They have a variety of meat mixes.

Actually this is a good source - I used to use them all the time when I was in the UK. They are based in Rugeley and you can go and collect what you want from them - no minimum order if you collect. they don't do the more exotic stuff just the basics but you would be able to get chicken and tripe from them and they do a mix chicken and offal too

Anne

thank you all for the help :flowers: :flowers: i have begun the dogs home diet....with a slight change of plan, i am using burns hypoallergenic mixer. there have been no ill effects of the mixer yet so fingers crossed the dogs will be o.k on it, i have bought my own hand mincer so the dogs can have duck legs every now and then. i told my vet what i was doing and he was very supportive and was happy for me to go ahead and commented that at least i will know exactly what the dogs are getting. i am very pleased with the dogs, my old girls motions have returned to normal :biggrin: and my lad is going to the loo less too :biggrin: i have also noticed tht my girls moulting isn't as bad.... you used to just touch her slightly and there would be fur everywhere :unsure: now you can cuddle her and hardly have a hair on you...... the improvememts since monday are fab and i hope this is just the start!