UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Breedist...

Laura_E

ISDS was the original registration for border collies and can trace pedigrees back at least 100 years.

The KC only recognised the breed in 1976 at which time all border collies already entered on the activity register and those on the ISDS register were registered on the breed register.

Not all ISDS owners elect to register their dogs with the KC- many find no need to be KC registered as they are interested in working pedigree, not looks.

But all ISDS registered dogs are still entitled to KC registration, so if someone buys an ISDS registered pup they can register on the KC breed register.

As the pup does not have KC registered parents a separate form is used.

I don't think any other breeds have an existing register of pedigrees of pure bred dogs who are not KC registered.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud was a PAT dog - Boxer cross (possibly staffie)

Lucy was a PAT dog - Greyhound (ex racer so would not meet the show standard which are completely different build)

Alice was a PAT dog - Terrier cross (probably corgi)

Toastie was a PAT dog - Terrier cross (probably yorkie x sheltie)

Jed is a PAT dog - Boxer x Pointer

and Bo is a PAT dog - STAFFIE X

I was area co-ordinator for years before moving and I would have said we had a high proportion of greyhounds (due to me bullying people on the greyhound walks), a few labs and retrievers (ex or failed guide dogs around there) and the vast majority were mutleys. We were all welcome to apply to go to Crufts each year.

Bud was a PAT dog - Boxer cross (possibly staffie)

Lucy was a PAT dog - Greyhound (ex racer so would not meet the show standard which are completely different build)

Alice was a PAT dog - Terrier cross (probably corgi)

Toastie was a PAT dog - Terrier cross (probably yorkie x sheltie)

Jed is a PAT dog - Boxer x Pointer

and Bo is a PAT dog - STAFFIE X

I was area co-ordinator for years before moving and I would have said we had a high proportion of greyhounds (due to me bullying people on the greyhound walks), a few labs and retrievers (ex or failed guide dogs around there) and the vast majority were mutleys. We were all welcome to apply to go to Crufts each year.

I was obviously being sarcastic when I said that about the breeds. Although there definitely does seem to be a high number of Toy Poodle owners on the Yahoo Group- not that there is anything wrong with that, could just be purely coincidental.

I have been trying to find the email that I received regarding the competition rules, but I must have deleted it. There isn't much information on the website regarding it either. But all the qualifying heats were run by championship clubs and they clearly state that all competing dogs have to be pedigree. I'm sure it is different if dogs are just going along to promote the charity, they just weren't eligible for this particular competition unless they were pedigree.