UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

K9Knitters - The Next Chapter

k9knitters

Many of you will be aware of the hard-working band of K9knitters who have been knitting dog coats to raise funds for rescue dogs since 2006. However, over the past year, the time that Ash Robertson and I have had to spend on K9knitters has dwindled dramatically - so we've decided the time has come to wind it down.

It's a shame we can't continue with our existing 'business model' - over £16k has been raised for various dog rescue charities since we started - but lack of time means we're letting people down (both our knitters and customers), and ultimately letting rescue dogs down.

However, our knitters *love* knitting for rescue dogs. So we want to find a way to let them continue doing so. If we can hook up keen knitters with rescues who would welcome occasional donations of dog coats (and other item like blankets, snoods, quilts ec) then everyone can still benefit.

So, if you represent a rescue, and you would like to be on our "K9Knitters Network" list to receive parcels of coats - either for your resident dogs or for fundraising purposes - please either reply to this msg or send me a PM with the following info:

- Name of Rescue

- Address to send coat donations too

- Contact email

- Whether you have any specific size requirements (small, med, large, huge!)

- Whether you would welcome any other items (blankets, snoods, quilts, human items like hats/scarves)

Also, we have a huge stash of stock to distribute around - so if you would like a one-off donation in time for Xmas, please also let me know.

I'll be sending an email out to all our supporters (knitters, customers, wool donators) over the next week or so to let everyone know a bit more detail about the next chapter for K9knitters. But in the mean time, can I thank the Refuge gang for their support over the past five years!

Cheers, Carrie

Thanks both! It certainly has been fun whilst its lasted, and I know our merry band of knitters have enjoyed helping rescue dogs.

Any more rescues interested in a one-off / regular supply of dog coats? Still plenty of room on the list for more....

Cheers, Carrie