UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

*** Urgent Pc Virus Warning

buddyboy

I had a couple of emails today from people asking if I had actually sent them a link - I had not and looking through the sent mails something has got in and mailed this to everyone in my address book - so passing on the warning!

If you get an email from anyone with a link to a website (won't put the actual link obviously in case it leaps out from there) which states medicalmeds with the prefix gl3 and ending in .net DO NOT OPEN IT.

It may be perfectly safe but as I say this link ended up being sent to everyone in my address book without my knowledge so I am very dubious about it.

I've been had by this - about a year ago. It has been around for a while and it's a b***er. It steals your address book and so your friends get an email from you recommending a supposedly great site - open it at your peril!!!

The biggest clue is the form of the email which is usually badly constructed and full of gramatical errors and such but you don't always notice that in the excitement of your friend recommending something. :mad: