UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Galen Therapy Centre

khanu

It does, but a lot of them seem to be quite loopy. I did start looking at people offering other forms of massage, but I was getting too many 'things that made me go hmm' from many of the more local websites so I gave up.

Call me Ms Nonpersistent... laugh.gif

Hey - I've been at a big national exhibition teaching remedial myofascial release for TMJ problems beside someone doing Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage and round the corner from the Chinese man who massaged you using his breath...What I'm saying is that if you look for someone who offers remedial work, decent training and experience you'll do okay. The Galen thing is, IMHO, a nice piece of marketing. They seem to be pretty good, but its still massage therapy :)

Shame I'm not any closer...though in all seriousness we might be coming past you in a week or so??

The Galen thing is, IMHO, a nice piece of marketing. They seem to be pretty good, but its still massage therapy :)

Shame I'm not any closer...though in all seriousness we might be coming past you in a week or so??

I'm glad you think Galen Myotherapists are ok Purple Mog :biggrin:

Although I am horrified to realise it took me approximately 3 years pre-qualification theoretical and practical study, plus further post qualification training in Tissue Injury and Repair, Canine Therapeutic Exercise, and the practical, clinical applicaion of Electrotherapy, Low Level Laser Therapy and Therapeutic Ultrasound just to be a 'nice piece of marketing' :biggrin:

I totally agree with you that no one modality 'owns' this form of treatment and the most important thing for us 'bodyworkers' , is getting the word out there to as many owners as we possibly can, just how beneficial manipulative tfherapies can be in supporting their dogs through certain musculo-skeletal conditions.

And again, I total agree that when dog owners are considering a practitioner/therapist or have been referred to one by their vet, it is so important for them to consider and check the following:

• What training has the therapist received (some are better trained than others!)
  • Are they Insured?
  • Do they always focus on the best interest of the dog?
  • Do they always refer back to the dogs vet if they are not happy with treatment progress or clinical signs?
  • Do they work ethically and in compliance with all legislation relating to the treatment of animals (it is in fact illegal for any therapist to treat your dog without first obtaining vet authorisation/consent!)
  • Do they come recommended?

I will let Julia Robertson know her marketing is good! She will be so pleased. She spends thousands promoting the cause :biggrin:

If you are pootling through Cornwall and fancy stopping to do a spot of work en route, I'd certainly be interested in you having a look at Az's stiff back legs. :biggrin: Drop me a PM if it happens!