UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Don'T Give Up Hope If You Have A K9 Thief......

K9Fran

We've had Barney for nearly 3 years now. When he arrived he had no idea of how to behave in a house - the only thing he appeared to know was you do NOT put all 4 feet on a table or worktop, but the rest was fair game.

He'd also never been taught not to steal food..... He'd tippy toe, just like Scooby Doo in the cartoons, towards his target, and then tippy toe off with his prize firmly in his jaws off upstairs or out into the garden where he'd bolt it down as quickly as he could.

Now I'm not saying that he wouldn't still do that with a leg of lamb (or my youngest's toast) but yesterday 'somebody' (OH :mad: )left the garage side door open (aka The Larder) where we keep lots of dry ambient goods as there's no storage in the kitchen.

B comes 'tip toeing' out with a packet of cereal - OH calls him and B happily hands it over in hope of a treat. Not so long ago, he'd have been gone, so take heart dear ones, there is hope, you just have to be consistent and make sure they know the potential reward is higher value than what they have at the time...

LOL - I nearly bought a freezer like that!

I keep telling OH he needs to put his sweetie store in a safe place, as Barney has been practising his draw opening with one the Nina Otosson type games I bought a few weeks ago......