UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kittens Available?

cycas

A friend of Mark's has decided she wants a pair of kittens. Because rescue centres tend not to put kittens on their websites as they go quickly, she has decided 'there are no rescue kittens' and is considering buying a pair of supposedly half-Bengal, half Persian X kits from an ad she has found. £300+ per kitten from a Bengal breeder.

She wanted kittens because she has a nervous older cat and felt the introductions would be easier than with an adult cat. I'm dubious that a pair of half-Bengals which will soon be big, bouncy and rumbustious is a good choice with her nervous oldie - and in any case, would like to encourage her towards rescues.

Does anyone know of a rescue that definitely has kittens seeking homes just now? She's in Devon, but probably could drive a fair way.

Yes we will!! I am helping the RSPCA remove a colony of cats from an industrial estate due to health and safety issues. They were in danger of having pest control people called out, I dread to think of their fate if that happened. All cats have tested negative for FIV and FeLV and two of the pregnant mums are quite friendly.