UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Temporary Foster Home For Snowy Jrt

Fee

We urgently need a temporary foster home for Snowy JRT http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=21358

His foster family are away until mid-May and he has been moved to a holiday foster, but despite having lived with a cat in the past and cat-testing OK before the move he is being a little terror with the cats in his new foster home and needs to be moved urgently.

He is OK with dogs out and about, but not happy to share his home with another dog.

Snowy has poor eyesight and hearing so it takes him a little while to settle in a new situation and trust new people. He can be grumbly at first over being touched or around food, but given a few days to settle and space to come to you on his own terms he gets over this and is an affectionate little chap and a fun dog to have around; however because of this initial grumpiness we wouldn't want to place him with young (pre-teen) children.

We desperately don't want to have to put him into kennels, as we don't feel he would cope well but he needs to be moved asap and we have no suitable pet/child free foster homes.

Any ideas for anyone who could take him for 4-5 weeks?

Thanks Olive, I'll pass that suggestion on. He's fine to leave for an hour or two, but I'm not sure how he'd cope with being with a full-time worker - but I'll find out.

Ideally we wouldn't want to move him that far, he's in Middx at the moment and his 'real' foster home is in Herts, but we might not be spoilt for choice with the location.

Thanks Laura - sadly it's looking like our only option at the moment is kennels, though any other ideas for him still very welcome.

He's provisionally booked into somewhere in Redbourn, Herts from Monday morning - now need to sort transport.

Any recommendations for local pet transport services would be welcome, too. I've called several places today and non of them have called me back angry.gif

Edited by Fee