UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Getting Fans On Facebook

Sarah B

I think I have a widgety thing on my home page that links to my FB page. Will double check :)

I don't do Twitter - I had a look once and it just seemed to be a lot of people talking monotonously about themselves and their meaningless journeys to Asda and what they had for dinner :wacko: Is it worth doing a Twitter thing then? How does it work?

Twitter can work if you have something to say that others might be interested in , its a bit like your facebook fan page updates in that people will follow you or become a fan if they really like your brand or they like the updates you give out

for example whenever I update Dogstars Facebook Fan Page it also tweets it out ( and saves me time ) , I might be updating in the latest clinic figures or about a individual dog. Sometimes I also update just on twitter like last night when Mark was working on a gallery for the website ( and then people went and had a look ) or I can just interact with other people on twitter. I tend to follow and be followed by people with an interest in dogs , charities , non profits , vets etc so we already have things in common

Twitter is like any social networking ( forums, facebook etc ) in that a lot of it depends on what you are saying and who your market might be

• 3 weeks later...

What I don't get is I am starting to getpeople who have no friends in common with me becoming Fans? how do they find out about me? I would prefer if I am honest to deal with people I "know". Very strange really

What I don't get is I am starting to getpeople who have no friends in common with me becoming Fans? how do they find out about me? I would prefer if I am honest to deal with people I "know". Very strange really

If for example I join your page, all my friends can see that on the news feed, regardless of whether they are your friends as well, so they may then become a fan of your page flowers.gif

If you want to be more selective, you could set it up as a profile rather than as a fan page and then people couldn't join without your permission.

• 5 weeks later...