UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Glocosamine

one.eyed.dog

I take glocosamine every day. One tablet. It's Holland and Barrets own make with an xray of a hand on the label.

If I take more than one, it upsets my stomach.

Does anyone on here take another make that they can reccomend? I know they sell it on the internet but, I don't know which to choose.

The stuff I am using is £20 for 150 and I only buy it when it's on offer and I buy a couple as that tides me over till they come on offer again.

Hi, just to pick up on something from Ian's link which is the purity of the glucosamine.

I know its for you and not a dog but when I was talking about glucosamine with my vet the other day she pointed out that there are different purities of glucosamine in different tablets which sometimes relates to the price and could mean that some tablets are more effective than others. I'm thinking this would be the same for all glucosamine tablets so just something for you to consider.

Good luck with your search flowers.gif

In addition to the purity there are different types of glucosamine - Kcl and Hcl I seem to remember. One is better absorbed than the other.

Good quality and value is the stuff from Healthspan - www.healthspan.co.uk and there is lots of information about it on their site.

Glucosamine is a source of organic sulphur, but if I remember rightly it, and chondroitin are from shellfish sources. There is another one called MSM which is slightly different. It might be worth trying that instead.