UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Home Information Packs.....

Tempest

We've been having the house valued today and obviously all the agents have been talking about HIPs unsure.gif I've been shocked at the prices they're quoting for them - one agent was asking £399 + VAT and the other £499 + VAT :unsure:

I know when Chris got one done on his flat he paid around £250 I think but he did it with an online company rather than going through the agents (which I think is cheaper) :unsure:

Both agents said that there are loads of untrustworthy online companies offering them whereby you pay and never get a HIP or they take weeks and weeks and weeks (apparently it was on Watchdog or something?) They also said that if you do the HIP through them it comes back in a couple of days and your property gets straight on the market :unsure:

Obviously we don't want a HIP to take weeks and weeks but we also don't want to be ripped off by paying over the odds through an agent when we could potentially get it much cheaper elsewhere :unsure:

Just really wondered if anyone knew much about HIPs or could recommend a company that they'd used that wasn't so expensive?

We just phoned round local solicitors and also a couple of estate agents that were advertising the services. We ended up going with our own estate agents option as it was comparible price wise and would be dealt with promptly by the estate agents. Think we paid £345. Its all a load of rubbish anyway, even the EA and solicitors said so :rolleyes: