UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Problems Problems...

cheryl33

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin:

So sorry I haven’t been well again and completely forgot, I have handles, carpet etc and will come through first thing tomorrow if thats ok with you and get them done, as for Andrew he disappeared completely – but i’ll try him again and get the keys, if i can’t get hold of him i’ll change the locks. As for the hassle again I’m so sorry, we always pride ourselves on getting he properties up to scratch and completing repairs quickly, so when i see you we can talk about a discount in the rent for the month anyway.

Please let me know if tomorrow will be any good

well he phoned me Thurs evening (had a doc appt apparently thats why he never came :rolleyes: ) and said he would be round at 9am sharp. So I got up early took dogs out and tidied up.......

.......he turned up at 9:50am (alarm never went off), fixed the wall lights in the bedroom, brought the grill things for the over, removed the wall bracket, fixed the back gate then nipped out to get some lightbulbs (this was at 11am) and came back a2 hours later where he fixed the handles

He forgot the carpet so will be round first thing Monday morning to fit the carpet :rolleyes: No mention of the rent reduction.

Once he hs done the carpet hopefully I won't need to see him again! Idiot!

Well the boy done good really hasnt he? I dont think the little jobs that were needed would warrant much by refund etc... he is a pet friendly landlord lets keep on his good side, and hope he keeps well.!

(I have been waiting 18 months for someone to come and finish plumbing in the washer and dishwasher and put in a batroom window that doesnt let a howling gale through! And the there is the kitchen floor! )

I think I'd agree with both Greysmum & Lester really - if things are friendly & you can casually / jokingly get something off the rent for your inconvenience then why not.

I wouldn't however expect it to be a fortune or fall out with him over it now with most jobs done & as a pet friendly landlord. Painting the wall (which I would just do yourself) & replacing / cleaning the carpet apart he's done everything you wanted now hasn't he?

Things are looking up flowers.gif

Edited by Ian

woohoo everything has been done now! He has chucked £50 off the rent :biggrin: . The new carpet went down in the spare room yesterday and it looks fab now!

I've got some nice curtains and nets for the windows, so I literally just need a dressing table and bedside cabinet for my room then my little flat is commplete.

Peter landlord apologised and even asked if I wanted a babygate for the stairs that go down to the front door to stop the dogs running down :ohmy: he is coming to fit it for me later!

hehehe xx