UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Omlet Rabbit Houses

hollyhardwick

hiya-does anybody have one of these? are they any good? I am thinking about getting one for my guinea piggies(have asked the lady at omlet and she said they are great for piggies) they are very expensive but if they are great then i dont mind paying my girls are worth it :wub:

So any feedback would be great :biggrin:

Sue

x

Eeek!! They're not cheap :ohmy: Omlet Eglu They look good though, but personally I'd be worried about how safe the run is - could a bun dig under it? Also, the 'house' bit is small, so when the weather is bad there doesn't seem to be much room to move around.

Yeh i was worried about the run,she says that they are fox proof etc etc but you can also buy the floor bit to stop the rabbits digging out..i thought the pod looked abit small aswell..cant seem to find the size of the actual pod...humm anyone with one and can let me know would be fabbo :biggrin:

Sue

x

Bobtails have an Eglu house on trial for rabbits and it's awful! For the money you would pay for one you could buy a lovely wendy house or something else spacious and safe!

The problems are:-

The run needs to be on absolute flat ground or the bunny can push out underneath, the indoor bit is too tiny for a pair of rabbits to lay down comfortably, there are no square edges in the house to put a litter tray against and there's no room anyway, the water bottle fitting makes the bottle at almost ground level, the ventilation in summer is negligable, etc etc.

I used to think they looked great but having seen one for real, I now know better!

• 2 years later...

yes i did :rolleyes: they are not in it at the mo (they come in for the winter) and i also have very mixed feelings-its not that easy to clean out and it gets really really dirty really quick,you know as they come in from the run that bit gets filthy i have tried to put paper there but they just tear it all up!I also have 3 pigs and the size seems ok..but wish i had not spent all that dosh now!

sue

xx