UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Need Help With Ucas Personal Statement Please....

cheryl33

I have one more bit to do for my uni application next year and was just looking for some pointers on what to write for my personal statement?!

http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/personalstatement/

I've read some that my friends did from years ago and it all seemed to be they liked going out, wanted to study law to be a lawyer etc......

thanks guys x

I have one more bit to do for my uni application next year and was just looking for some pointers on what to write for my personal statement?!

http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/personalstatement/

I've read some that my friends did from years ago and it all seemed to be they liked going out, wanted to study law to be a lawyer etc......

thanks guys x

When my hubby went to uni for art degree, he had to do this and wrote that although he was a mature student, he was 41 at the time, it was something he always regretted not doing as a youngster and went to college to do a diploma and he got on great with all the youngsters. He never had ambition to go to uni as he felt he was taking a place off the youngsters but was encouraged to do so etc.. etc.. Also that as a mature student he was giving up more than an 18 year old, as we had to cut back as we lost a wage and had our own life and so that gave the incentive to do well..

He also wrote re at college he was year prefect etc for his art groups and represented them through out and this is something he would do..

He got accepted by all of his universities.. even one told him on his interview we want you here, which was unheard of as you have to get the offer from ucas :laugh:

It worked out well, was a struggle but we made ends meet.. and he ended up with a 2:1 BA Hons.. but sadly couldnt afford to let him carry on further as it would have cost us a further 10k.

good luck.. tell em about your love of animals etc etc, just fill it out and why you want to go to uni, how do you think you will fit in with others etc etc