UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Two Encounters With The Same Dogs

Fee

On Sunday I was coming back from walking three of my dogs and just negotiating the final stile out of the fields. It's a tricky place to get dogs through and is open to the road on the other side so I put them on lead before we go through the stile and then have a rather fiddly moment of feeding the leads through the fence and getting the dogs through a small gap.

A lady from along the road arrived to go into the field with her three lovely but very excitable/barky cairns at that moment, but she politely moved back a little way and waited while I got everybody through the stile and sorted. I thanked her, we chatted for a couple of minutes, the dogs all calmed down and we let them greet each other which they all did very nicely and we both went happily on our way :)

On Monday exactly the same situation, I was just on my way out of the field and the same three dogs turned up, but this time with the woman's partner. He obviously saw me half way over the stile and holding three dogs on lead, but he let his dogs off anyway, they barged through narrow gap in between my dogs, poor little Benji who can't see or hear very well didn't get out of the way and got knocked flying and both Taz and Sophie reacted badly and snarled and snapped at them. The bloke who had them gave me a filthy look because of my 'aggressive' dogs and I got home feeling frazzled and upset :mecry:

It really isn't rocket science, it only takes common sense and basic good manners to make such a difference, who do some people have to be such idiots? :cussing:

What a shame to have a good time spoiled by someomes's stupidity.

There was a tiny, elderly and very fragile lady who used to exercise her 2 standard poodles in the local country park. The bitch was calm but the male was only just a year and had a lovely temperament but was completely wild and out of control. He was always off a lead as she couldn't hold him. he had pulled her over, and he wanted to play with all the other dogs in the park. One of my elderly labs is partially deaf and has some mobility problems so can't turn quickly and gets agitated if another dog rushes up behind her; on numerous occasions the boy rushed up and bounced around her and she got upset and air snapped at him. Iwas told that I had a nasty dog and should keep her under control by his owner!

It wasn't long sfter that when I found her lying in the car park unable to get up as he had pulled her over again and had to help her up and into the car and catch her dogs. She disappeared shortly after. It certainly wasn't the dog who was the problem.

What a shame when something like that happens and how irritating to, knowing that all the dogs would be fine together if some common sense was used. Just proves it is mostly the owners at fault when there are problems with dogs but of course, some people just won't be told or choose the sensible option in a given situation. Now of course, you will feel you need to take care when meeting these three again even with their sensible 'mum' in charge, in case they react badly to each other again after this nasty encounter. :unsure: