UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tv Help

ranirottie

does anybody know anything about tv installation?

When Devon went digital we couldn't get any signal on out tv's in the caravan even tho they have built in freeview. So,hubby set up a satellite dish and sky digi box for me and a free to air digi box for himself at the other end of the caravan. One lead comes from the dish but then splits to go to each tv. It works brilliantly until one of us switches on to ITV /channel 3, then it either freezes the other tv or blanks it out completely.Has anybody any ideas as to what we have done wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. Its very frustrating as i do like to watch my ITV soaps and hubby doesnt appreciate me cutting out his programmes.x

does anybody know anything about tv installation?

When Devon went digital we couldn't get any signal on out tv's in the caravan even tho they have built in freeview. So,hubby set up a satellite dish and sky digi box for me and a free to air digi box for himself at the other end of the caravan. One lead comes from the dish but then splits to go to each tv. It works brilliantly until one of us switches on to ITV /channel 3, then it either freezes the other tv or blanks it out completely.Has anybody any ideas as to what we have done wrong and what needs to be done to fix it. Its very frustrating as i do like to watch my ITV soaps and hubby doesnt appreciate me cutting out his programmes.x

to avoid havng to buy a new aerial (we already recieve digital through our aerial but only have one lead coming off it on a 3 bedroom house) i bought a satellite dish and boxes, as we have a 3 bedroom house and want one in the living room i needed a quad LNB( 1 for each bedroom and one for the living room), you can pick them up really cheaply, if you google the make of your dish they should pop up, all you need to do is run a lead to each tv from each output on the lnb :flowers: i think you can get a lnb that will serve 8 rooms now :wacko: