UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Eeeeeeek - Did You Hear That?

mum24dog

I don't normally watch the total load of cack that is Most Haunted but it's local to us this time so it does have some interest.

Just wondering if anyone else can ever hear what the team claim to have heard, because I can't?

Beats me with all the gadgetry they've got that they can't record or film anything remotely suggestive of paranormal activity, given the number of times they claim to have heard or seen something amazing.

My office is behind the Winter Gardens. I've been in the Alhambra (and done quite a bit of legal work on it) and my daughter used to go to the nightclub upstairs. I've also been in the council offices in Dalton Sqare, and Ashton Hall which is part of the Town Hall and visited on Sunday in the programme.

(My husband was at the Golf Club yesterday which is to be featured on Wednesday.)

If there's anything at all in this spook lark I must be the least psychic person in the world because I've never felt anything odd at all, and neither did my daughter, or my husband.

It's a given that any theatre will have a ghost legend so that's no big deal, and I've been on a ghost walk round Lancaster and taken the stories with a pinch of salt.

I'll admit that I wouldn't like to spend time in the dark in any of those places - not because I believe but because I'm human and as vulnerable to suggestion as the next person.

I do think I believe in something after death - I just don't believe that spirits are going to be interested in performing for a TV show on cue.

Pam

Being a sensitive and able to pick up cold spots, presences, and just general feelings in many and varied situations I can honestly say I have never 'heard' anything. In that peculiar area between hearing and feeling yes, many times but it would not be recordable.

There are many places I would happily stay in alone, it does not have to be dark by the way and there are some I certainly would not. There are a couple of lecture theatres here at the Uni that I will not set foot in at any price, the 'bad' feeling is so incredibly strong. I never got anything from the Winter Gardens though and I've been in there many times.

:brstick:

I can usually hear the well trained technicians who knock 3 times every time the team ask for 2 knocks for yes :D The staged thuds and bangs are easy enough to pick up. The real spirits wont be behaving like performing seals for this crew or any other.

All very convenient, isn't it? I can hear that usually too, but the "voices" and other supposedly significant sound - no.

Performing seals is a very good description.

Pam

I never got anything from the Winter Gardens though and I've been in there many times.

:brstick:

That's very interesting, in view of the fact that they are claiming there is a portal in the cellar!

Is there anywhere local that you think is genuine - apart from at the uni?

Pam

Just been talking to someone at work who has done an overnight vigil at the Winter Gardens and didn't think it was spooky at all.

She's also done one at the Carleton nightclub and said that was a bit creepy, but only because a heavy door opened and closed unexpectedly.

Maybe the spirits turn up when the Most Haunted lot are around because they want to be on TV. :laugh:

Pam

Warton Grange was genuine, there was a distinct female presence and she was seen out of the corner of the eye many times by different people. She once peered at me out of the glass wash room, I saw her very clearly and I'm sure she knew I did, she was young and seemed very frightened. I think she threw herself off the Cragg after a failed love affair. I tried to make some contact with her but although I could feel her around me very strongly she didn't seem able to come closer. The awful thing was that she was crying all the time, not weeping and wailing type but a heartbreaking sobbing, she was so sad!

There's a housing estate there now, I wonder if she's still trapped, poor girl.

I'm not very impressed with the Most Haunted team after their antics at Hermeston Hall, which used to be the home of Jayne of Doglost and her partner. I've visited myself on a bright sunny afternoon and the place was packed out with people who had popped their clogs and decided to stay on. Some were sinister, most of them weren't. Heard stuff, saw stuff, felt a friendly hand on my face. Jayne herself felt nothing but heard the piano playing itself, which it did from time to time. There was a webcam running and I used to check in and saw some fascinating things, including a distinct figure walking down the stairs and vanishing and loads of faces drifting in and out. When the MH team were preparing the programme, a researcher was so terrified by a manifestation that she got hysterical. There are footsteps and breathing in empty rooms caught on sound, but the MH overall conclusion at the end of the programme was that there was no proof of anything much.

My feeling about the MH them is that they want stuff that fits nicely in with their idea of things and is fairly manageable. If they see anything, it doesn't help to run off screaming as happened with one programme I watched. They want to keep it jokey and fun and a bit scarey. When it comes to actual manifestations and their implications, they aren't so keen. Serious researchers they are not.

If they see anything, it doesn't help to run off screaming

Well quite.

You'd think after all the "investigations" they've done that they'd have got over screaming at the slightest thing.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that they very rarely claim to contact any non malevolent spirits. Friendly spirits wouldn't make such good TV, would they?

Taken at face value I'm not surprised that most of their contacts tell them to f*** off. They probably want a bit of peace and quiet.

Pam