UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Finding A Rescue For A Stray In Turkey.....

Tempest

A friend of mine has just called me as apparently her parents are on holiday in Antalya in Turkey and have befriended a stray girlie that has been hanging around at their hotel.

They think the girlie in question is around 6 months old and is v. friendly but definately a stray. My friend's dad in particular has become really attached to her and there's no way they can leave her there on the streets so they've phoned my friend back in the UK to see if we can get any info about rescues in Turkey that might be able to help this girl.

I haven't got a clue where to start to be honest so though this would be a good place to ask :) To be honest I think if it was a realistic option they'd probably bring her home if they could but they wouldn't know where to start in regards to organising it.

They've mentioned it to the rep apparently who has just told them not to go near the local dogs :err: and they're scared to mention it to the hotel in case they try and 'get rid of her' from hanging around outside.

They're in Turkey for another week so am hoping they might have time to get something sorted for her. Any ideas/contacts greatly appreciated :)

Have no idea about where these are in relation to the resort , All are WSPA member societies so a good place to start

Doga Dernegi

Kennedy Cad. No:50/19

Kavaklidere

Ankara

Turkey

Phone:+90 - 312 448 05 37

Fax:+90 - 312 448 02 58

Email:[email protected]

Web:www.dogadernegi.org

Fethiye Friends of Animals Association (FHDD)

Gunlukbasi

Catalarik

Fethiye 48300

Turkey

Phone:+90 - 252 6135825

Fax:+90 - 252 6125730

Web:www.straydogsturkey.org

Hayvanlari Koruma Dernegi (HAYKOD)

35. Sokak. No 10

TR-06500 Bahcelievler

Ankara

Turkey

Phone:+90 - 312 215 15 55

Fax:+90 - 312 222 26 22

Web:www.haykod.org

Istanbul Hayvan Sevenler Dernegi (IHSD)

Bahariye Cad. 68/5

Kadikoy 81300

Istanbul

Turkey

Phone:+90 - 216 337 5583

Fax:+90 - 216 347 5704

Web:www.isthayvanseverdernegi.com

Turkiye Hayvanlari Koruma Dernegi (THKD)

Matbaaci Osmanbey Sk. No:30

Sisli

Istanbul

Turkey

Phone:+90 - (0) 212 246 11 11

Fax:+90 - (0) 216 385 70 41

Web:www.thkd.org

The tour rep likely to give such advice as Rabies is still an issue in Turkey , please advise them that if they are strached or bitten or the dog licks a broken wound they must flush / washed the area in running water and soap for at least 15 minutes and then seek post exposure rabies assessment even if the dog looks healthy or is acting normally