UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cavity Wall Insulation

griff

i know somebody asked before on here but i can't find the original thread :unsure: for a while i have been thinking about sorting out cavity wall insulation, we are forever getting leaflets and calls about how the government has grants available etc :rolleyes: i know that the team need to enter your house but i have 2 dogs and a cat and one of the dogs will happily eat anyone who enters, is it just the boiler that they would need to access? or is it the hot water tank too? i think i could manage to safely seperate the dogs from the workmen if it was one or the other but no way for both and i can't even put them in the garden as they will need to access both gardens :wacko: thanks :flowers:

It is a very long time since we had it installed, but we did it almost as soon as we had moved in.

If I can recall, as long as all any delicate items, such as glass dishes are removed from window ledges and shelving units, there should be no real need to have any men in the house as when our was done, they drilled holes on the outside wall, and then filled the holes when all the foam was in.

These days they sometimes use foam beads which get blown in, but different companies will probably differ slightly. You will probably have to have a man in to do an inspection pre installation.

Don't worry, they will be used to having to deal with dogs similar to yours, and it is just another day at work for them. As long as they know you are concerned, and are doing your best to help facilitate their work, it will be appreciated.

When I had cavity wall insulation installed, the work was all done outside.

It was flipping noisy though. Took about 2 and half-3 hours in total. (Semi-detatched)

oooo thats something i didn't think about, wonder if it would scare the dogs and cat :unsure: