UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Strained Leg?

phoenix21

Molly went on a walk today and decided to go for a swim in the river. Shes 11 and its hard to keep her out of the water! anyway she went in but couldnt get out so my mum who was walking her, had to lean over and try and pull her out (shes a black lab so not easy). my mum said she was fine for the rest of the walk but now after a lie down she is limping heavily on her right front leg. I guess she has just pulled something. i dont want to take her to the vets unneccessarily as she is petrified of the vets so was going to give it over night to see how it is tomorrow but in the mean time do you think putting some arnica cream on it would help?

She suffers from arthritis in her back legs occasionally so they are not all that strong so she is struggling a bit to get round.

Shouldn't do any harm. Do you have Arnica tablets? That could be better.

For muscular strains etc, Rhus Tox is good, and for ligaments, Ruta Grav, but general over-exertion, arnica's good.

Do you give her any supplements normally? Maight be worth thinking about Glucosamine or Green Lipped Mussel or something once her leg's fixed.

Sending her Reiki, how about a hot water bottle? Or a blanket. Let her take it easy for a day or two (if she wants to :laugh: )