UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Getting Hold Of Tamiflu

kiri_tc

evening all. my friend rang this morning to tell me she has swine flu and could i be her "flu friend" and go and get her Tamiflu.

Yes of course i will i said.

I was told only to collect between 3 and 5 pm form the local health clinic.

Thinking i would go down there, hand over the forms and ID and be given the tablets

WELL:

I went down there, gave friends name and told to take a seat, but i would be in for a long wait as there were about 18 ppl before me.

There were ppl there that had already been sat there for 1 1/2 hours waiting!

The average wating time was to be 2-3 hours.

bear in mind clinic was only from 3-5!!! and i got there at 3.50pm

i waited an hour and and had to leave as there were still 15 ppl in front of me.

People were getting irrate, and started kicking off, which i can fully understand. One man had come about 40 miles, and not been told he needed ID for his son aswell as himself. so he had to travel all the way home to have to come back to the clinic this evening. He said his son was very young and was at home VERY ill, and he'd already been turned away from the hospital the night before, but they refused to accept his ID faxed through.

If things are at pandemic state, why the hell is it so hard to get hold of the drug???????? It scares the life out of me to be honest. My little boy is 9 months old and young children go down hill so fast, and yet its so hard to get hold of the drugs to treat them.

Luckily my friend now has her Tamiflu tablets as her mum had to go to evening clinic.

My grand-daughter (10months) has got flu. There are only 2 places in Ipswich to get the Tamiflu. :ohmy: My daughter waited ages at the hospital. As she said, you would think they would try to get peeps in and out ASAP to try and halt the spread. Luckily she knew about all forms of ID needed. But there were a lot of irate people that didn't.

As it was, Tamiflu made my grand-daughter feel so much worse, they didn't finish the course!! :rolleyes:

my mum had swine flu last week, doctor came to the house and gave a prescription for Tamiflu along with a list of chemists who stocked it, 20 minutes later dad was at home wth Tamiflu in hand, didn't require id or anything, perhaps different regions have dfferent regulations or something. the last thing you want to be doing when doing a friend a favour is sitting in a clinic for hours picking up god knows what

We were able to collect the prescription for my daughter at a "Drop In" centre, and I was asked who I was, I don't think she asked for my address.

We tried two chemist type places, one in Morrisons, and a small local Boots. I didn't go in as I have my Coventry Cat Group top on and didn't want to tell the whole world. I said to OH that we should try the big Boots at a retail park near the station. So I went in while he parked the car, and they told me they have only just had the license to supply it very recently - come on this is Boots!

The girl behind the desk said your Joe *******'s Mum aren't you? I was spotted, and the pharmacist asked me for my address! So much for going incognito!

We were able to collect the prescription for my daughter at a "Drop In" centre, and I was asked who I was, I don't think she asked for my address.

We tried two chemist type places, one in Morrisons, and a small local Boots. I didn't go in as I have my Coventry Cat Group top on and didn't want to tell the whole world. I said to OH that we should try the big Boots at a retail park near the station. So I went in while he parked the car, and they told me they have only just had the license to supply it very recently - come on this is Boots!

The girl behind the desk said your Joe *******'s Mum aren't you? I was spotted, and the pharmacist asked me for my address! So much for going incognito!

boots central six didn't have any in stock (well weren't on the list my gp bought) lloyds on the A45 had some (thats where we went), Ricoh boots (i think)