UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Personal Coaching - Anyone Done It?

K9Fran

I've got the chance to have some personal coaching from the chap who is my bosses coach and personal business mentor.

I've had a 30 min session with him just now, and felt it went very well - he was very easy to talk to on the phone and we chatted like we'd known each other ages.

He asked me what my 5 year goal was, and I said it was to be working with the same boss, alongside him in a parallel role, as equals.

He also asked what my secret passion was - this took a bit of thinking about, but I said laughter, I love to laugh and I don't think anyone else realises how important laughter is to me, so it's a secret passion.

Does anyone else have any experience of personal coaching (or lifestyle coaching if you prefer) and would like to share it here.........

I trained to be one :unsure: I really like the coaching part, but I'm useless at starting an own business - I could only do it with very intensive coaching from someone who I'd trust. As a trainee coach I absolutely loved it tho - it's great to hear people getting enthusiastic and excited about themselves and their lives :) Being on the receiving end, I find it - as with any kind of relationship, be it business or personal - very much depending on whether you get along. I've had a fab (other trainee) coach and one who brought out the worst in me. I think it's great if you just need a sympathetic kick up your backside to get you out of your rut or kickstarted into a new direction :)