UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Home Alone Gsd

Home alone 8 yr old GSD, owner's circumstances are desperate and dog only has someone popping in occasionally to feed and let out, he is becoming very distressed.

Lovely temperament, likes to play and have attention, normal GSD behaviour (barking at the postman, strangers coming into the house etc), loves cats, possibly not good with dogs (but only been tried with one male dalmation), good with children.

If any rescue can help with a place for him please PM me.

What area of the country is this boy in Fee? Also do you know whether he's currently entire or neutered, vaccinated, what he's like training wise etc?

Over the w/e I was asked whether I knew anyone who might help an 8 year old with possible sight problems / going blind? & then an 8 year old male & 3 year old female (father & daughter) - all in Hull, none getting exercised for one reason & another -so I'm likely to be contacting various Gsd rescue's & happy to add this lad to the list if you want me to.

Edited by Ian

I'll see what I can find out, Ian, but as we weren't able to help directly I don't think we have very much information about him. I was really hoping for a contact we could put the owner in touch with directly to go through details.

I appreciate the offer, though, I'll see what more we know about him and PM you :flowers:

Hi Fee,

Is this dog still in need of help do you know? Is he in our area (Wilts/Glos/Bath)?

I mentioned this to my ex, as he occasionally has my 3 girlies for a few days, as he really misses them - and understands there are lots of urgent situations, and he was willing to foster this older boy until a space can be found (or actually until he falls in love with the dog, and asks you if he can keep him!)

Not sure if a foster place with him is ok, but asked as he was going to take on a private foster recently, but the owner privately rehomed in the 11th hour.

:flowers:

xx

Sorry, but Oldies Club are up to capacity and beyond at the moment with a waiting list of equally urgent dogs, which is why we were appealing for a rescue place for him as we aren't in a position to take him on :(

We passed on lots of information about other rescues to the owner and have heard nothing further, so I really hope something has been sorted out for him.

:flowers: I hope things have worked out for him.

I'll ask my ex Richard, to get in touch to see if you would be happy for him to foster any of our oldies club urgent cases x

Yes please put him in touch, that would be great :flowers: (erm, he wouldn't like two very sweet old dogs for 3 weeks in August would he :wacko: :laugh: )