UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Young Pekin Bantam Cockerel Mottled Surrey

Near Dorking, Surrey - will travel to get my boys good homes!

Have you ever thought of keeping a cockerel with your hens? I really recommend it.

Some neighbours (mine,for example) even like the rural sound of c*** a doodles at dawn. Other owners bring their cockerel inside at night in a cat basket so as not to disturb neighbours.

I enjoy keeping a few cockerels but cannot keep them all as sadly, they will fight.

In the right ratio, they are a delight -good fun and very charming with their hens.

They will give you hours of happy antics to watch.

Please let me know if you can offer a good home to a baby (black and white) mottled pekin cockerel.

Thank you

I haven't worked out how to post pctures yet, but can email them to you by return. Also available are pics of mum and dad........

Alice

[email protected]

erm, don't know anything about cockerels but OH's parents have free roaming ex-battery farm chickens on their farm. They have 5 acres of land with 3 horses and feral cats (v tame with the chickens - don't bother them).

The hens live in a massive coop. Is that the sort of home you would rehome to? :unsure:

erm, don't know anything about cockerels but OH's parents have free roaming ex-battery farm chickens on their farm. They have 5 acres of land with 3 horses and feral cats (v tame with the chickens - don't bother them).

The hens live in a massive coop. Is that the sort of home you would rehome to? :unsure:

Thank you so much for the reply. The home sounds very heavenly! Most definitely this is the type of home my baby boys dream of at night- esp the multiple ladies part. There could be an issue with the youngster(s) being bullied a bit too much initially by the mature hens.....they will be both young and small due to being bantams......

Where abouts are OH's parents...wat do they think?

Would love to hear from you again.Alice

Hi Cheryl,

Any news of the inlawas and whether they may consider bantam cockerel(s)?

Alice

I have pics but cant upload them....

The baby cockerels are pretty - black and white, also v healthy

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...