UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Food Question

one.eyed.dog

I have been feeding Lottie Burgess super dog sensitive for about 18 months. It suits her.

Her poo is normally a kind of dark green colour since she has been eating it. However. The last sack I got seems to be paler in colour and her poo has changed to a mustard colour.

The ingrediants are the same. I was wondering if any of you fed this and if so have had the same reaction.

This happens from time to time, Ellie. Had a few batches like it at WL - I used to phone them every time, I'm betting they're glad I've gone :ninja:

I think it's the ratio of the stuff they use rather than a change in ingredients.

I can't imagine them EVER adding colourants into a sensitive food - they seem very aware of how 'appreciated' their Sensitive is to a lot of us.

Might be worth phoning them to check if there's a change, though. They were always really helpful to me. You might even get a replacement bag if you ask.

Princess Tessie is on the same and I haven't noticed any change

in her poo at all.

Why am i telling you this on here, i'll bob round :laugh:

He fancies me summat rotten. :laugh:

Just going to google and see if I can get a number for Burgess.

The last sack I got was a month ago and that was fine.

I have been feeding this to my dogs for over 5 years now, there are often a slight change in the colour but put this down to the ingredients and how they have been stored etc. Last summer was a wet summer as well all remember and it did affect the growing of the foods including sugar beet.

Ingredients:

Rice (min26%) Lamb meal (min 26%) Sugar beet pulp, animal fats, salk. With antioxidant EC additives.

I won't by mine from shops like Pets at Home because it is far too warm in there for food like this, I get it from a food merchants who store them at a much cooler temperature. If stored at too high a temperature it can cause them to have mites in.

Ellie,

You know I feed my lot on Sensitive too but I haven't noticed any difference. Like Mrs Mop though I get it from Batleys where it's kept under much cooler conditions.

Were is Batleys? I have never heard of them :laugh:

I get my dog food from Hutchinsons Animal Feeds at Horbury Bridge, they sell a wide variety of dog foods including Burns as well as food for horses, chickens, pidges, cattle etc. They even sell free range eggs for 70p for half a dozen.

I don't know how much Burgess Sensitive is at Batleys but it has just gone up £4 per sack and is now £23 :mecry:

Were is Batleys? I have never heard of them :laugh:

I get my dog food from Hutchinsons Animal Feeds at Horbury Bridge, they sell a wide variety of dog foods including Burns as well as food for horses, chickens, pidges, cattle etc. They even sell free range eggs for 70p for half a dozen.

I don't know how much Burgess Sensitive is at Batleys but it has just gone up £4 per sack and is now £23 :mecry:

You have to be a registered pet business or charity to get an account at Batleys Cash and Carry, this particular one is in Leeds :)

It's £15 + vat

Edited by doggy.lover

Sensative foods are not good for dogs who are very sensative- the burgess sensative makes my Rio ill and allergic, and the skinners made her throw up severely after only trying 1 feed on it, so in my opinion of trying lots of foods for sensative dogs- just go for a food that has no chemical/artificial agents to it- Berrimans is superb for Rio, she is fit healthy and allergy free on it, but it isn't a 'sensative' food

Lottie has the contsitution of an ox. She is only on this food to firm up her poo as she has a wee anal gland problem.

She is on sensitive as the ingredients are less additives/colourings. Rice not cereal etc.

I fed her steak and kidney stew one night and unbeknown to me Dad had put 5 chilli's in. Nothing. No Deli belly at all.

Sensative foods are not good for dogs who are very sensative- the burgess sensative makes my Rio ill and allergic, and the skinners made her throw up severely after only trying 1 feed on it, so in my opinion of trying lots of foods for sensative dogs- just go for a food that has no chemical/artificial agents to it- Berrimans is superb for Rio, she is fit healthy and allergy free on it, but it isn't a 'sensative' food

I tried a lot of dog foods before I tried Burgess Sensitive, Joe was ill on every one of them and he had seizures with quite a lot, he has a lot of food alergies, this is they only food he can eat. Merlin has a very sensitive tummy, it is the only food I have tried that doesn't give him the runs,and they are runny, like water.

Burgess obviously doesn't suit your dog but it is wrong and misleading to say it isn't good for dogs when it is very good for 2 of mine. All 6 of my dogs are on this and all are thriving.