UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Neighbour's Dog Running Loose On Heat

dlmckay

ok... I need your help. Can you point me to info that I can print out and leave with the neighbour who owns a beautiful chocolate lab. She is currently on heat and they will not spay her until she's had a litter because that's what you do. Apparently. *in disbelief that people still think this way*.

I need literature from reputable sources that explains why this is a bad idea and what happens When Whelping Goes Bad. TIA!

China is currently on heat (we were not sure whether she had been speyed or not) and someone told me she should have a litter before being speyed...... er no!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I had thought about it I should have asked why, and what the chances were of a deaf mother producing hearing or deaf pups, and whether that person would be prepared to arrange all the rehoming etc etc, but did not think of that till too late).

yes, the dog culture owner attitude is a bit different in NZ, unfortunately.

I've no idea of the dog owner attitude in NZ but the most recent person I heard of who was planning to let their dog have a litter - on vet advice!!! - was in the UK. Crazy :(

I've no idea of the dog owner attitude in NZ but the most recent person I heard of who was planning to let their dog have a litter - on vet advice!!! - was in the UK. Crazy :(

I regularly meet this attitude round here - drives me nuts and is probably the only time I come close to arguing with some of my favourite customers :(