UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poem Needed For Uncles Funeral Flowers

bonniebird

Hello, can anyone remember a bit of a poem about God thinking that someone is too good for this world and Him needing them in heaven or something :wacko: I need to find a few lines to write on my uncles funeral flowers. Its so hard. My mum is going to buy the flowers tomorrow and needs to write on the cards. He is being buried on Weds Feb 4th.

I used to be a bit poetic, but it seems to have gone over the last few years :rolleyes:

Thanks Karen x

:unsure: Is it this one?

God looked around his garden And He found an empty place. And then He looked down upon the earth,And saw your tired face. He put His arms around you,And lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain,He knew that you would neverGet well on earth again. He saw the road was getting rough, And the hills were hard to climb, So He closed your weary eyelids,And whispered"Peace be thine." It broke our hearts to lose you. But you didn't go alone, For part of us went with you,The day God called you home.

God looked around his garden And He found an empty place. And then He looked down upon the earth,And saw your tired face. He put His arms around you,And lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain,He knew that you would neverGet well on earth again. He saw the road was getting rough, And the hills were hard to climb, So He closed your weary eyelids,And whispered"Peace be thine." It broke our hearts to lose you. But you didn't go alone, For part of us went with you,The day God called you home.

that's just made me cry :mecry:

Sorry for you loss bonniebird.

xx

Cor blimey, me eyes are leaking. Thats not the one, but its lovely :mecry: I like it :liebe94:

only thing that comes to mind like that is a few lines from 'Vincent' (a song)

But I could've told you, Vincent

This world was never meant

For one as beautiful as you

...not very helpful really am I?

You are very helpful, I love that song :liebe94:

Probably too late, and similar to the one Sherlock Bones posted

God called your name so softly

That only you could hear

And no one heard the footsteps

Of angels drawing near

It broke our hearts to lose you

But you did not go alone