UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Patch - How Was The Show?

kirisox

Guest patch

It was bloomin cold, Brrrrr !!

Defa was great, especially as I had retired him at the end of last season but he decided he does`nt want to retire just yet - ok he was right, I was wrong, heh !

Saturday :

His first run, going over the dogwalk he got a whiff of where a dog had pee`d on the ring barrier so after completing the dog walk beautifully he shot over to the barrier and lifted his leg - he did`nt actually pee but was eliminated for it anyway :blush:

Second run, we got 15 faults - I fluffed his weave entry for him, then assumed he would go straight to the tunnel so I held back a bit and he decided no he was`nt going straight in the tunnel after all so we got a refusal there, then he slipped off the seesaw - well it had been snowing hard after all :rolleyes:

Third run - he was getting tired as it was a long gap after his previous run, so he went under a couple of jumps but followed directions and did the rest of the jumps etc beautifully and still enjoyed himself [ if he goes under a jump early on I don`t take him back and make him do it again, I am happy to take an elimination and let him do as much or as little of the rest of a course as he wants - he`s earned it, and at his age he can`t beat the youngsters for speed so I`m not prepared to push him if he`s a bit tired :) ]

Did`nt do his last run, the weather was far too bad by then, he has always hated rain and snow on his face, especially in his eyes, so I decided not to do the last one cos he would not have enjoyed it one bit.

Sunday :

First run, five faults - I messed up and signalled him wide at the last jump so he went round it first - I much prefer getting faults at the start of a run rather than at the last element :laugh:

Second run, I fluffed his weave entry by getting in his way, but everything else was spot on :biggrin:

Third run, yet again caught by the weaves but this time a scent caught him just past the first pole - caught others too, one to the point of re-marking with a bladder full so not an error as far as I`m concerned, just bad luck, but again he did the rest beautifully including a nicely tricky bit of box work - at the end of that run the judge came over while I was praising Defa to tell me he loved watching a dog which grinned the whole way round, said it was really special to see :wub:

Final run, my knee was not going to take any more punishment [ I twisted it on Saturday morning when getting stuff to the car before even setting off :rolleyes: ] so my ace YKC student ran him for me - again a weave fluff, same as before at the pee spot pfffft [ weaves in the same place throughout all the classes in one ring ], but again everything else went like a dream, and fast too. Having a handler who can run him for me from time to time is a huge bonus to me as I get to stand and watch my boy loving his agility, the way he moves with such elegance, the way you just dont get to see when running ones dog cos of concentrating on the course, the positioning, timing etc.

Pity my pre-ring plea`s did`nt work though - the time keepers just laughed when I asked them not to start the stopwatch til we were halfway round to give my older lad a chance and a judge just giggled a lot when I said I would`nt mind if he wanted to take a tea break while I ran and I`d let him know how we did when he got back - oh well, worth a try :laugh:

So bitter cold weather and a twisted knee aside, I had a fab time with the most fun to run agility dog in the world :wub: and got to meet the lovely Greys Mum - bonus :biggrin:

ps, he can weave beautifully, honestly !

DEFAWE1.jpg