UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Are These Hiccupps ?

mmp

I am going to try to attach a video (never done it before so this could go very wrong and I may need help)

Do we think these are hiccupps ?? Poppy has been having these funny turns since I got her as a pup and they don't seem to do any harm but they can go on for hours ... this video was taken at 10 this morning and she is still doing it although more randomly now.

I took her to the vets the first few times she did it but I didn't have a video and my description was obv rubbish because they insisted it must be kennel cough and wouldn't listen when I was trying to tell them she wasn't retching which is what it sounded like when I was trying to explain it so we were sent packing with antibiotics.

I am just curious ... I thought it was like reverse sneezing when I first heard of it but since seeing videos of reverse sneezing hers is nothing like it.

th_Video002.jpg

Sure looks like hiccups to me - and if it isn;t then Jed has the same problem.

Difference with Jed is last time he had them was in the middle of the night, 35kg lying across the end of my bed - so I was woken by the mattress moving accompanied by a strange noise.... oh well, I suppose at least the earth moved!

Sure looks like hiccups to me - and if it isn;t then Jed has the same problem.

Difference with Jed is last time he had them was in the middle of the night, 35kg lying across the end of my bed - so I was woken by the mattress moving accompanied by a strange noise.... oh well, I suppose at least the earth moved!

We are not alone then ... she looks very upset while it is going on and get a bit scared by it. Is there anyway to stop it that you know of cos it goes on for hours !