UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Household Insurance

ranirottie

well all i can say is that i recommend Fortis any day !! I just got the cheque thhrough for my glasses !I only contacted them on Monday !! I got a letter with it saying that they do not give their customers the hassle of lengthy form filling but rely on their honesty ,and here is your cheque!! That makes such a pleasant change.x

Sounds good. :) Were they covered by the standard policy?

I'm looking for a household policy that will cover my expensive in the ear hearing aids. I bought them last year and they were still under guarantee when I dropped one and the mould broke. They said the guarantee didn't cover then for accidental damage and to claim on my household insurance but I didn't have one. :(

Ali

Brilliant!

You know what, it was a thread on here about broken specs and I think Jacobean mentioned about claiming on your contents insurance. After reading that I asked my parents about what was covered in theirs and it came to light they didn't actually have contents cover, just fire and damage etc. They then sorted it out almost straight away and 2/3 yrs later we had the house fire. I dread to think how much more would have been lost if not for the insurance - and hence the Refuge! :biggrin: :flowers: