UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Dog Has Started To Snap At Us

loopylass

My 13 yr old dalmatian has started to snap & bark/growl at us. I got him last August his prev owners didn't want him anymore becos they had had a baby. He has been no problem up until the last couple of months. There has been no change in circumstances. Anyone have any suggestions as to why he's started doing this please?

Do you mean August this year or August 2007?

If his behaviour has changed suddenly I would get him to a vet to be checked over thoroughly to start with, to make sure he's not suffering in anyway :flowers:

As he's 13, it could be something like arthritis causing him pain, his sight going a bit and him snapping as he isn't sure what's going on etc. If the vet can't find anything wrong then you could look at finding a good behaviourist to take a look at him.

Are there any particular situations you recall where he's been like this? Can you look at what was happening at the time, think if he might have been confused/surprised etc.?

I'm neither a vet nor behaviourist, so these are just a few thoughts from reading your post :flowers:

Do you mean August this year or August 2007?

If his behaviour has changed suddenly I would get him to a vet to be checked over thoroughly to start with, to make sure he's not suffering in anyway :flowers:

As he's 13, it could be something like arthritis causing him pain, his sight going a bit and him snapping as he isn't sure what's going on etc. If the vet can't find anything wrong then you could look at finding a good behaviourist to take a look at him.

Are there any particular situations you recall where he's been like this? Can you look at what was happening at the time, think if he might have been confused/surprised etc.?

I'm neither a vet nor behaviourist, so these are just a few thoughts from reading your post :flowers:

Sorry august 2007. I had him to the vets a few week ago. He gave me some steroid liquid for his stiff back legs. He said that might be why he's grumpy but poor Yoda's still snapping. My friend said he might be going senile but I have never had experience of this with dogs.