UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Refuge Is Moving Home

Pingu

the old server is creaking a wee bit as you may have noticed

so the refuge will be moving at some point on saturday afternoon.

it will also have a new web address http://www.therefuge.org.uk

so at some point (probably about 11 but this depends on if I go out on friday night) I will have to close the forums so I can migrate all the posts to the new server.

The process will take about 2-3 hours.

once the data from here has been backed up I will reopen the forums but ANYTHING you post from that point forward on the rykat address will NOT move over.

once we are happy that the new address works properly then I will make here read only and a redirection to the new address will be put in place.

if all goes well nothing should be lost. however I will need to reupload the skins and smileys etc so things may look a bit weird for a short while.

If it all goes pete tong I will simply reopen here and tray again onc I know why it didnt work

your login etc will remain the same and apart from it saying www.therefuge.org.uk instead of www.rykat.org you shouldnt notice any difference.

the new servers will allow me to add some stuff to the site that the hosts and I have been discussing that should - hopefully - be fun. but I will need to make sure that the new site ahs settled down befoer I start wading in and making code changes.